Terms of CATs Step Website Use, Materials and Test Use
A. Terms and Conditions for Use of our Websites, Apps and Other Mediums
B. Terms and Conditions for taking a Preparation Course and Test
A. Terms and Conditions for Use of our Websites, Apps and Other Mediums for product and service delivery (collectively our ‘Mediums’) and for the licensed use of the related preparation course and tests.
The use of our Mediums is subject to the following:
1. The content is for your general information and use only as a licensee. It is subject to change without notice.
2. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on our Mediums for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
3. Your use of any information or materials on our Mediums is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through our Mediums meet your specific requirements.
4. Our Mediums contain material that is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, trademarks and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited.
5. All trademarks reproduced in our Mediums, which are not the property of or licensed to us, are hereby acknowledged and may be acknowledged in our Mediums.
6. Unauthorised use of our Mediums or infringement of any content may give rise to a claim for damages, other remedies and/or be a criminal offence.
7. From time to time, our Mediums may also include links to other websites, apps or other mediums. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. These links are not an endorsement for any medium. We have no responsibility for the content of any linked mediums(s).
8. Your use of our Mediums and any dispute arising out of such use is governed by the laws of England and Wales and the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales or alternative dispute resolution as required and designated by CEDT.
Preparation course and Tests licensed from our Mediums are subject to the following and as set forth in section B:
1. The user’s authorised CATs Step administrator (for users under 16 years old this will be their school as authorized by a parent or guardian) will generate a user name and password (required to access CATs Step) and provide this to or access CATs Step for the user;
2. The user name and password supplied is only valid for time limited exercises and will be cancelled after any expiration of any exercise..
3. CEDT is not responsible for the failure to use the user name and password within the designated time.
4. CEDT is not responsible for a user being unable to access or complete a preparation course or test because of technical problems with any equipment or connection to the Internet.
5. The result of a preparation course and test is provided to your institution and intended only to inform you as the user and not intended to be accepted by third parties for any purpose.
B. Terms and Conditions for Taking a Preparation Course and Test
Any user that fails to agree to abide by these terms and conditions will not be allowed to take a preparation course and test and subsequently should they fail to abide by these terms and conditions may not receive any results or may have their result cancelled, may be reported to regulatory authorities globally and may be liable to legal action.
You as a user taking a test must:
1. Provide proof of identity documents (passport or other identity card) if and as required by the test administrator.
2. As required by the test administrator, consent to verify and record your identity, which may include checking and copying your identity documents, and consent to the recording of your voice for processing of the speaking component.
3. Arrive at the test location advised by the administrator of your test before the scheduled test start time.
4. Leave all personal belongings, except one bottle of water and identity documents, in the designated belongings area. All electronic devices, including watches and mobile phones, must be switched off and left in the belongings area.
5. Obey all reasonable instructions given to you by the CATs Step administrator and invigilators.
6. If and as required by the test administrator, raise your hand without speaking if you need to ask an invigilator anything and wait for them to speak to you.
7. Leave all test equipment including any headphones, microphones, whiteboards or pens in the test room after the test.
8. Make any complaint relating to the administration of the test or any other matter to the administrator before you leave on your test day.
You understand and agree that preparation course and test results:
1. Are issued in a manner determined by CEDT. Results will be online only and accessible by your institution.
2. Will have your name and other information as entered at the time of registration.
You acknowledge and agree that:
1. All intellectual property in any preparation course and test, including all related materials, is owned by CEDT.
3. All rights in work submitted for a preparation course and/or test is the property of CEDT upon creation.
You acknowledge and agree, by accessing and using our Mediums, that you:
1. Have read these “Terms and Conditions for preparation course Users and Test Takers” and will abide by the rules for preparation course users and test takers, and agree with any other related terms provided from time to time by CEDT or its licensee (i.e. your school or centre etc).
2. Ensure that personal information entered for your preparation course and test will be complete, true and accurate.
3. Understand that CEDT has a responsibility to ensure the highest confidence in the integrity of preparation course, tests and results thus CEDT reserves the right to withhold test results temporarily or permanently, or to cancel test results which have been issued, if they consider those results to be unreliable.